How long does it take for an ear piercing to heal?
This completely depends on the type of ear piercing you get:
Lobe piercings can take between 4-6 weeks to heal.
Upper and inner cartilage piercings take between 3-6 months to heal.
Anti-helix piercings can take up to a year to heal.
Be sure to listen to your piercing artist as they will know what is best for you, and do not begin changing your jewelry before healing is complete.
7 Tips for cleaning your new ear piercing
1. Keep your hands clean, as well as the skin around your piercing. Use non-perfumed soap to avoid irritation.
2. Use a salt and water mixture or one of our salt spray solution to clean around the piercing area.
3. Dab a thick tissue or swab in the salt solution and apply twice a day.
4. To allow the salt solution to completely soak through the piercing, gently wiggle the piercing back and forth.
5. Do not wash your piercing more than twice a day, as it will become irritated.
6. Do not use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide as they can slow the healing process.
7. Avoid oils or ointments in the first two to three weeks, as they can lead to problems with infection and bacteria.