SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION AFTER CARE
• Expect treated areas to be tender for the next few days. The procedure area may be red, swollen or have a discharge of lymph (clear fluid) and blood for at least 12 hours post procedure. Gently dab off excess lymph from the procedure area with a clean tissue and clean cold bottled water. Remember that you should wipe off the lymph to avoid getting a thick crust. You may alternate between ice and hot packs to relieve swelling.
• The procedure area will be much darker for 5-7 days post procedure. The true color will not be visible for 4-6 weeks post procedure and for each color refresher.
• Tissue heals at different levels, some people heal within 5-7 days; some may take 10 or more to heal.
• DO NOT touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers. Touching the treated area with your fingers, unclean cotton swabs, old products or other, may result in infection. If you need to touch the area – use a clean cotton swab!
• DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK THE TREATED AREA; pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
• Do NOT wash, rub or touch your head for a minimum of 3 days after each session. On day 4 you can wash your head with water only. If you have more sessions to go, start moisturizing your scalp again now. On day 7 you can cleanse your head using a gentle facial cleanser/shampoo. After 30 days you can resume all your usual activities.
• Use A&D ointment only if the treated area feels very tight. Do not use too much of A&D ointment; overuse of your healing product will not let the area heal properly; apply a very thin layer to prevent the treated area from drying.
• Sleep on a CLEAN satin pillowcase while the procedure area is healing.
• No sauna, Jacuzzi, steam, exercise, hot yoga, swimming in chlorine pools or in the ocean for 7-10 days (until area is completely healed) after the procedure and after all color refreshers.
• Do not expose your face to the sun until the procedure area has healed. The sun will fade the pigment.
• Do not wear makeup on the treated area until it has healed. You might cause an infection or otherwise damage the permanent makeup.
• If you are a blood donor, you may NOT give blood for 1 year following your permanent makeup application (according to Red Cross).
• Color refresher visits should be scheduled between 4-8 weeks post procedure. All permanent makeup procedures are a two-step process. Results cannot be determined until the color refresher is completed.
• If you resume the Retin-A, Retinol, or Retinods after the 30 days, the continued use will fade your permanent makeup prematurely.
• DO NOT USE any lightening and peeling products that contain AHA’s, Vitamin A, Retinol A, Glycolic/Lactic Acids on the treated area; it will fade your tattoo/permanent makeup prematurely. Check your product labeling. It will fade your pigment color. Read the ingredients on the back of every bottle of product that you use.
• If you are out in the sun a lot, have oily skin, using Retinol products, chemical peels, then you will need color refreshers every 6 months to 1 year.
• Use a sun block after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color; apply a waterproof sunblock 3-4 times daily to prevent fading.
• Reconsider your use of sunbeds. They’re bad for your skin and come with cancer risks. They accelerate your rate of fading.
• Use an exfoliating cleanser on your head as this removes dead skin cells and keeps your head looking fresh.
• Moisturize every day, at least once. Keeping your scalp in good condition will benefit your overall appearance, as well as your pigments
• If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately. You need to follow ALL After Care Instructions for maximum results of the procedure.
Failure to follow the above advice will result in less than desired results.
The better you take care of the treated area, the longer it will last!